1. All students must be twelve years old to attend classes. All students between the ages of twelve and sixteen must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and are required to have a liability waiver signed by the student’s parent or guardian. Students must be twelve years old by the first day of class. Students who are acting as guardians must be eighteen years old by the first day of class. All students who will not be accompanied by a parent or guardian must be seventeen years old by the first day of class.
2. All students must sign a Liability Waiver upon arrival at 8 W.A.Y.S. Academy.
3. All students must submit a signed copy of the Registration Policy before registering at 8 W.A.Y.S. Academy. If the student chooses to register online the Registration Policy will need to be agreed upon before registering, but the student will still be expected to sign a copy upon arrival at 8 W.A.Y.S. Academy. If the student is between the ages of twelve and sixteen both policies shall be signed by the parent or guardian.
4. 8 W.A.Y.S. Academy is not responsible for personal items that have been broken, stolen, lost, or forgotten. If you feel your personal property has been stolen or tampered with while attending an 8 W.A.Y.S. Academy class, inform a staff member and it will be reported to the local authorities for investigation.
5. 8 W.A.Y.S. Academy cannot accept student mail or phone calls (except for emergencies)
6. Use of video recorders is not permitted.
7. Use of audio recorders is not permitted.
8. Pets are allowed during class only for the visually impaired. All other pets are not permitted during classes.
9. Use of illegal/illicit drugs or alcohol is not permitted and will result in your immediate removal from class without a refund.
10. Firearms are not permitted during class.
11. Please do not bring protected bird species feathers to class.
12. There are no accommodations available before or after classes.
13. 8 W.A.Y.S. Academy is not responsible for your time between classes that run back-to-back, although students are generally allowed to stay around the camp.
14. Fraternization is discouraged between students. If you feel a fellow student is acting inappropriately towards you in class please notify an instructor.
15. If an 8 W.A.Y.S. Academy staff member (excluding volunteers) asks you to curb your behavior and you choose not to, you will be removed from class without a refund.
16. Students who attend class and want to leave should inform an instructor. It is not advisable for students to leave on their own.